Only one night was taken to teach Sophia that she could last the night without me and without eating.
Actually, it was just one period of crying, during which Paul had to go in and tell her a few times in a row to "Go to sleep" and he also had to have her lie down again, after she would inevitably sit up and start to pull herself up to stand. I stayed in bed and covered my ears in case she would really start wailing and I prayed that God and her guardian angel would help her sleep well and quickly!
After a short stretch of crying, she gave up (smart girl!) and went to sleep for the rest of the night. And the next night she slept through AND the next night, too! Praise God!
Now I have to get my body conditioned to sleeping through the night. Seriously, I keep waking up and checking the clock and wondering how much time I have left to sleep and whether or not Sophia will wake up and break the sleeping through the night habit she seems to be developing.
Maybe I'll sleep better when our basement is all done. As of the end of the work day today, the floor has been jackhammered and the drainage tile and sump pump location set. Tomorrow will see the professionals finish by installing the sump pump and cementing the floor. Then Paul and I will start our work: cleaning the walls and floor, painting the walls and floor, and possibly moving things back to the way they were (we've lived this way since May, so what's a few more months - t's not worth stressing over).
Special thanks to Paul's mom and aunt for taking the older kids to the play area at the mall, walking the whole length of the mall to run off energy and for providing snacks and food for all of us. It sure made the unusual day a lot easier. And special thanks to my hubby, who is at the home improvement place right now to get piping to replace the corroded section that led to the utility sink, which he had to destroy last night (it was made of reinforced cement that was too heavy for us to move out of the basement, but it had to be moved for the basement to be fixed), which ultimately led us to turn off the water in house so that the pipe would be enthusiastically dripping water all over the floor we are trying to keep dry! Ha! Praise God for a handy hubby!
Well, time to get my kiddos ready for bed. And then myself. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment