Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is this normal?

I can't say who, but one of my children drew an anatomically correct drawing today and I think it's normal, but just thought I'd ask.  Has this ever happened in your home?  (pleasesayyes, pleasesayyes...)  :-)

6 comments:

  1. yup. Just happened over here too! Don't worry hon, I even asked the doctor (not that I believe everything they say, but I was wondering about the age/development side of things. It's good they pay attention. And I decided (esp. with the baby coming) that is our first sign to start talking about some things so a healthy view can be formed right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't happened in our house but I don't think there is any problem with it. I suppose it isn't something I would get concerned about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Yes, totally normal here too! If you're interested in a good book, try Beyond the Birds and the Bees by Greg Popcak--he gives great tips on talking about that kind of thing in a positive, healthy, Catholic way! :)

    We talk about "penies" a lot over here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember started being very interested in that sort of thing when I was 5 or 6. I think my parents decided to buy me a book when I asked them how, when a baby was born, the doctor knew if the baby was a boy or a girl, since all babies have short hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!! It's never happened here at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just sneaky about where they drew pictures like that. At least your child is upfront about it :) Totally normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I wasn't too worried, but it came so out of the blue I was rendered speechless. :-) Thanks for your reassurance!

    ReplyDelete