Here's a question that I'm sure someone can help me with. Let me first give a little background:
We've been praying a novena, asking for a special intention with the hopes that God's will be made known to use with clarity. Today is day 9.
Let me also note that this is our first novena and we don't know a lot of people who have done novenas and what their experiences were, so what we know of what to expect is only the very few things we've heard are common.
Today, on the last day of our prayers, two God-incidences occurred. One was definitely related to our intention, and the other was specifically and very related.
Here's the problem: We don't know where to go from here. The events related to our prayer requests are certainly signs of one sort or another, but we just don't know which way they are meant to be interpreted. After talking it through we have an idea of what route to follow, but not with the certainty we'd like.
Any suggestions on this? And I'd love to hear your experiences with novenas as well, if you don't mind.
Thanks!!
This is a wonderful first experience! For us, the point of the Novena has always been to open our eyes to see these types of "God-incidences". The more we (as God's people) do them, the better we get at seeing and hearing God's voice in our lives. So, I would take what He gave you and really pray on it. It sounds like in at least one of the God-incidences you really feel like He was speaking - so go with that and don't second guess it. Novenas don't give straight black and while answers(not that God couldn't!)they help us open our eyes to God - who is always there :) Sounds like this one has blessed you greatly - take the gift! I love novenas, I should start another one, thanks, Katie! I needed a nudge. AS long as you guys have Him at the center of your hearts and your choices for your family, trust He will lead you. You guys are so great at that anyways and have been so blessed by it. I'll be praying for whatever your intention was. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete