We are night-training Sophia. It shouldn't take long. She is stubborn but so are we. She only had one wake-up last night but she was unhappy to not be picked up and fed. My optimistic view is that we will have one more wake up tonight but then she'll sleep through the night (like she did when she was an infant!!!).
The basement is going to be fixed this Wednesday and Thursday. We are warned to expect up to 3 hours of jackhammering on Wednesday morning. My mother in law is taking the older kids out of the house that morning and Sophia and I will stay upstairs until that part is all done. Unfortunately, Paul won't be home and we aren't comfortable not having one of us home while strangers are here, so...it is what it is. Maybe the noise will lull us both to sleep??? (Is that a totally unrealistic hope? Yes? Well, okay.)
Kassia's got one of her upper adult teeth finally coming in. And two more bottom teeth are loose. How is it that a kid who gets teeth so late in infancy loses her teeth at a fairly young age?
Sophia's getting two top teeth in, too - but not her front top teeth - they appear to be her canines. Weird. I told Paul about it and he said, "Ahhh...did she get bit?" He was kidding. We are not at all into the vampire thing. Not. At. All.
That's about all. I structured my day today and it went well but I am wiped. So now I have to make general plans for tomorrow and then take a little time to unwind before going to bed and doing it all over again. Thankfully, my job is hard but it is so worth it. Kassia had a funny composition she did as part of her schoolwork today that I hope to take a picture of and share with you tomorrow.
Blessings!
Wishing you well! Cathy
ReplyDeleteLast December, I started putting Joseph to bed while he was still awake and started using Dr. Ferber's progressive waiting technique.
ReplyDeleteI also stopped feeding him over night. It took over 3 weeks for him to stop crying when we put him to bed. Now he still tests the boundaries occasionally but we are just as stubborn as you and he knows that once we put him in, there is no getting up or getting feed.
I thought I would have been able to wean him by now but he is still feeding a lot during the day.