Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recent Projects to Share

While I haven't been really active on-line this week, I have gotten a few neat things done. I wanted to share some of my latest sewing projects with you as I am not an expert sewer and, frankly, I want to share these small accomplishments!

I have almost completed my 3 year old's chapel veil holder (it just needs the use of my friend's snap-press, and my sewing on of the final flowery applique that will go over one of the snaps). Here is a photo of the almost-finished product. I am so very proud of this because it was done all by myself!

I also transformed a spaghetti-strap kids' shirt (yeah, real modest, right?) into a skirt. Since I'm not a fan of adorning my innocent children in spaghetti straps, no matter how "cute" it may be, I removed the straps and attached them to the main part of the fabric to make a tie for what is now a skirt. Both girls have tried it on, and it fits the oldest the best. I may have to sew some elastic on the inside so that it fits more securely, and then the tie will just be more for looks than anything. I think it looks pretty cute this way, don't you?


Finally, I had ironed on some letters on some of my girls' plain shirts and, naturally, they were beginning to peel off. So, with "A stitch in time saves nine" in mind, I sewed the letters down and they are good to go!


Maybe in a few months I will have more creative sewing or other projects to post - but don't hold your breath! :-)

1 comment:

  1. The skirt looks great. That is a great idea for something that isn't modest.

    ReplyDelete