Keeping up with work has taken up much of my time lately, so that is what I have been spending the time that I have when the kids are content and I am not so tired that I am laying on the couch. One particular person whom I have been training and working with the last few months is a real blessing - she has taken up extra duties that fall on my shoulders as there currently is no one else to do those tasks. I have hope that finding someone to do those tasks on a permanent basis will happen soon. I believe it has to, for reasons of my sanity as this initial homeschooling year is almost upon us (yikes!) and I still have much prep work to do. But, if it doesn't go the way I plan, I have faith that God will provide what is needed when it is needed.
Lately, my children have all been obviously going through growth spurts. It's strange for me, as someone who sees them daily, to notice that they are taller and older-looking. Of course, the constant requests for more food is another indicator. Most days I have found myself searching the cupboards and refrigerator for a food that they haven't already eaten that particular day. :-)
Today, my wonderful husband has been steadily crossing items of his "honey-do" list. Before this post is done, he will have hung a framed prayer, installed a pencil sharpener, put up the "No Whining Zone" sign I created for our playroom, and cleaned out the dryer. He also watered the garden (mostly his job, as I have enough jobs to do inside the home), and planned the route for the family bike ride we took today. Did I mention that he also rubbed my shoulders twice? He is SUCH a blessing to me.
My oldest has been particularly cute lately. After a visit to the bathroom, she yelled downstairs to me in a matter-of-fact voice and said, "Um, quite by accident, I got my shorts a little wet." It was pretty cute. Also, since our recent shopping trip for school supplies, she has been very interested in homeschooling lately and requests activities to work on. (YES!) This past week, she has voluntarily practiced writing letters and we explored the different regions of the world on her new little globe. I also assembled the new art easel and she has already created one work of art - a finger painting (I was a little hesitant to get out the paintbrush just yet, and the other two kids are so enjoying stacking and playing with the paint containers that I don't want to fill them with paint just yet).
My friend Krissy came for the day and gifted us with lunch (teaching me how to make quesadillas - so easy, and a new family favorite) and t-shirts for the kids. We worked on appliques and just had a good time. Kudos to Krissy for all that AND for only leaving behind two items that are unessential to caring for her three little blessings. When you drive two hours to get somewhere, it always seems a miracle to me to get back home without leaving more than five items.
Well, my children are encouraging me to witness the amazing act of cleaning out a dryer, so off to the basement I go. Hope you enjoyed the update and I pray that you are aware of the many gifts in your life, especially during busy days and weeks!
I Love this update and hope you have a great weekend end celebration on Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteKrissy also gifted me with some of those T-shirts and I have been having so much fun dreaming up what we can do with them! I'm not sure what we'll do yet, but I am sure it will make the blog!
God bless you and your wonderful family. you contiune to be a witness to me.
I have been praying God will bless you with someone to take those duties off your to do list for work:)