Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Monday!

Here's why:

  • Finally got the laundry put away.
  • My sweet husband let me sleep in.
  • My kids watched PBS for 2 1/2 hours and I do NOT feel guilty (this was while I fed them breakfast, went back to bed, and after I woke and it took me awhile to feel ready to jump into another day).
  • My kids got baths.
  • My very sweet husband offered to go to the gas station for anything that I might be craving...and he was fine with letting me think about it and get back to him (I still haven't decided).
  • I have job-related work to do, but nothing that I can't put off for a day.
  • I have emails to respond to, calls to make to friends, and letters and thank-yous to write - I can't believe I have so many people whom I love and who love me!
  • My husband still thinks I'm beautiful even though I am pretty sure I have gained an unrelated-to-baby's growth inch around my waist.
  • Our video camera is fixed!
  • I'll start homeschooling in a few weeks and I am actually NOT freaking out about it!

8 comments:

  1. I have been craving tomato and mixed herb pizzas this pregnancy. I wish my husband would offer to go and pick up some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand day all round! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw you as a new follower on my blog. Thanks for coming by. I also have a fluff blog where I talk about family and fun if you wish to visit it too. I will certainly be back to see what is going on in your life as I see we share a mutual friend or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You sound like you're in good spirits! And we are always our own worst self-critics, you know. I'm sure Paul didn't even notice an extra inch on your waist. I am still going to call you some time, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katie! Your family is BEAUTIFUL and this post is so sweet :)
    I have just signed up to follow your wonderful blog and do so hope that you will visit me some time. I can't even BEGIN to tell you the JOY that your profile gave to my heart!!!!!!!!! To see a young couple EMBRACING A COMPLETE OPENNESS TO LIFE (which is how my husband and I live also) is SO REFRESHING AND ENCOURAGING and gives me SUCH hope for families, the Church, and the world at large! THANK YOU KATIE, you have made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May God BLESS you and REWARD you for your faithfulness, courage, and trust! And may He bless you with many babies to come!!!!!!!!
    (From the look of your photo, if you even gained FOUR inches on your waist you would STILL be beautiful!!!)
    Judy
    http://www.thebestofhomeschoolfaithandfamilylife.com/
    http://www.backyardglory.blogspot.com/
    http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/
    http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/
    http://www.momoften.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband loves me with more weight! That's good, since I gain with every pregnancy!

    I'm glad you had some good feelings and relief!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete