Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Crankies

The Crankies have overtaken me this morning.

Between the hovering of three children, the continued barrage of questions 
"Can you hear music?"
"Yes."
"Why can you hear the music?"
With a little bit of laughter, coupled with a face of mild exasperation, "Because I have ears."
and the repeated whining of my son, I was a prime possible victim of the Crankies and they have taken advantage.

Also, I have a lot to do and not enough time to in which to do it, as if the kiddos would even let me have some of that time to myself :-).

We are leaving tomorrow for a camping vacation, but I think I really need a vacation from the kids!

In honor of the Crankies coming over and trying to muck up my morning, I have created a little poem in hopes that my silly sense of humor will make the Crankies vacate ASAP:

With all of your whine,
Could I have some cheese?
Deep-fried Wisconsin cheddar,
if you please.

Here's a toast to what I know will eventually return to our home - sweet serenity, likely with the aid of some chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Love the poem! I may have to remember that for those times when the crankies take over our home! I hope you and Paul were able to get everything done in time!

    ReplyDelete