Monday, September 19, 2011

Overwhelmed: By the Numbers

0 - the number of children I have that don't need me for something on a regular basis  :-)
1 - headache that I've worked on today but won't feel until tomorrow
2 - school subjects we didn't get done today but are not hard to incorporate easily into tomorrow's lessons, thank the dear Lord!
3 - the number of children whose bottoms I've had to wipe today (twice each)
4 - times I've either reprimanded kids for not listening and cried due to frustration
5 - work-related items on my to-do list that should be done tonight but will likely still be on the list tomorrow
11 - the number of hours I slept last night, except for the time I had to change Luke's sheets from a midnight accident and the time I had to go to the bathroom (and I'm still tired!)
24 - the number of hours I feel it will take until I feel back to being a "normal" homeschooling, working, pregnant lady - ha!
36 - the number of hours I have until I get to pour a glucose drink down, wait for an hour, and then give blood and get an rH neg. shot
infinity - the number of things I feel I am responsible for doing/caring for

1+1+1=1 - the Holy Trinity, with whom all things are possible and through whom all this will be small potatoes when I look back on today from tomorrow's fresh perspective.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read this post from you too! Wonderful to know that I was not alone yesterday.

    It seemed that the revolt in my home was dominated by the females here. Which is surprising because it's usually my boy that gives me the daily run for my money :)

    May your day be blesed with new perspective and and better numbers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. having one of those days as well. But, you forgot one:
    1 - number of souls you are growing right now that is the BEST thing God wants you to do :)

    ReplyDelete