Thursday, September 8, 2011

Not the original planned project...

It was probably about a year ago, but I was asking for advice on how to take some fleece scraps I sewed into a small baby-sized quilt top and actually complete a quilt with it.

Given the amount of time since that post, it probably became obvious that not much was going on with that particular project.

But then we kicked our cat out of the house permanently (he is now officially an outdoor cat, due to a few too many trips outside during which he learned how to mark his territory and then brought that bad habit inside the house) and, though what he did to the first new carpet I've ever had in my life is still painful for me to think about, we all still felt badly that he was left outside without any of the comforts of his former life, save a bowl of water and a bowl of food.

So, what once was intended to be a comfort to a child is now a comfort to our cat.

Vader likes his new pillow, don't you think?




Making it was much, much easier than it would have been for a perfectionist like me to try and create a pretty quilt out of the original pieced quilt top.  And now I have a little more room in my sewing stuff and more incentive to try other projects that are less intimidating!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Way to clear that stuff out - I was just thinking of doing the same with my sewing stuff this weekend. We'll see if I get to it.
    On another note - I don't get people who have cats. I just don't get it :)

    ReplyDelete