Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm looking for...

2 things...
-an original Sit n' Spin toy (playskool, I believe)
I don't want lights, music, battery-operated anything.  I want to find the original, quick-spinning, use-your-muscle toy!

-an original BigWheels trike
Not new; not cheap plastic.  Whatever happened to those durable, low-to-the-ground, crash-friendly and often character-themed (CabbagePatch, SpiderMan, etc.) wheelers?

Here's my dilemma.  I don't want to pay over $20 for a sit n' spin and I won't go over $50 for a big wheels.  I am planning on running around town to the local kids' resale shop/consignment store and Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, and so on.  Besides getting lucky and finding these at one of these stores, do you have any tips on how I can stay within budget and find these items?  Ebay has higher prices than I'd like, especially when you factor in shipping costs.  I'd love any ideas you have as my kids (and my husband and I) would LOVE them!

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to buy our son a tricycle for his birthday, and couldn't find anything that looked sturdy and just right. I too dreamed of the old Big Wheels - mine was a Smurfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try craigslist? You could always do craigslist down here in this area and have Paul pick it up if you find it. It's really easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we have wanted something at a reduced price, I take it to St. Joseph. I remember wanting a light and sounds dinosaur for Christopher but they were outrageously over priced so I prayed to St. Joseph. A friend from Texas then told me she could get it at wallmart and post it to me for about half the price they had them selling here.

    We had to wait nearly 10 weeks for the dinosaur but it was worth it for the price I paid.

    ReplyDelete