After some very serious concerns Kassia had about us not going to Mass this morning - and we were actually going to pull walk to the Catholic church in town which is about 10 blocks away, until we called and found out all Masses were cancelled - we are now enjoying the snow as it is.
It has buried our neighbor's porch so that you can't see it. So far we've only dug out one path from our house to the road - it will take a lot of sweat to shovel out the vehicles, driveway, and the sidewalk to the driveway (our garage is not attached). I've got a lot of great pictures to share, as well as some video of Paul pulling Luke in what was Paul's dad's baby bathtub. Here are the pictures. I'll have to figure out how to post the video later as I'm on Paul's work computer, which is a Mac, and so I'm not familiar with it's video software.
![]() |
| Paul is pretending to eat a pumpkin that the squirrels have been eating. Those squirrels!! |
![]() |
| Our Vatican flag wasn't looking so hot before the storm but now it appears that the storm has blown away 1/3 of the fabric! |









I love your family! It looks like Paul and the kids are having a great time!
ReplyDeletehaha! So sweet! I always worry about mass too - even when it is canceled! :)
ReplyDeleteWe have not been out to play just yet - I think we're also feeling the start of some ear infections over here and when we went out the other day the wind was bothering Tessa. I can't wait though! Your pictures have me really looking forward to playing outside! Looks like you had a wonderful family day! I bet Luke felt like the only little boy in the world with his daddy pulling him like that!!
Wow everyone is having such fun!!! Good for you!!! Cathy
ReplyDeleteHave fun! Hope the weather improves before cabin fever sets in.
ReplyDeleteSeems that church in Depere was the only one to cancel Mass. We made it to St. Joes for 10am Mass, but got stuck a few yards from our house on the way home. Our street is like one of the last to be plowed. Sts Peter and Paul didn't cancel Mass, but they did have on the website that don't come if it's dangerous for you to drive and you obligation can be met by listening to Relevant radio or EWTN. Worst case was 7pm Mass at Nativity, but our street wasn't even plowed out by then. Not that it mattered since we had gone already. Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteShari, I'm not surprised. The average population at that parish is elderly, which is why I believe it was canceled. If we had been able to unbury our cars and shovel out the driveway that day, we would definitely have made it to Mass somewhere. Unfortunately, there was no other place within walking distance. So we listened on the radio and participated spiritually. :-)
ReplyDelete