Thursday, September 9, 2010

update - a brief one

Homeschooling:  Going surprisingly well.  I'm hoping the smoothness that we've had especially in these last 2 days is the "norm" for us.

Kassia:  4th loose tooth is hanging by just a thread or two.  Will let you know when it finally lets go (probably tomorrow).

Paul:  He gets a special post because he just brought home CHEESE CURDS and ICE CREAM!  What a hubby!!!  (not to mention all the other wonderful qualities he has!)  Plus, he's finished the playroom in the basement and it looks nicer than it ever has!  Photos will have to come another time.

Luke:  Big Boy.  Multiple success (in both ways) on potty.  Very proud of self.  He still needs to work on "knowing" when he is about to go, but I think he's doing great.  I do feel badly that he hasn't been getting as much time with Mommy since homeschooling has started.  I'm working on it; if nothing else, he certainly knows he's "my little man."

Nadia:  Likes to practice phonics but didn't want to homeschool the day Grandma was here (go figure!) until she learned that fun wouldn't start without her!  She looks forward to her homeschooling time each day and is the sweet and loving girl she always is.

Grandma Jenny:  a weekly visiting gem!  Always generous and loving, giving and serving.  Wow!  How can I be blessed with TWO amazing mothers!!!

Vader:  Since we've been letting him outside the last few weeks (he comes to the door when he wants to come back in, the cutie!), he's lost weight and, in spite of not having front claws, appears to be a "mouser!"  Last week we found a dead mouse in our front yard and today I came home to find a freshly-killed bunny.  Paul gave the cat adequate praise and promptly removed the body.  Honestly, we are impressed that this cat appears to be trying to finally pull his own weight in the family!

Me:  Doing good.  A work in progress that, for now, seems to be progressing well!  :-)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment