Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sleeping Through the Night

is a dream partially come true.  Last night Sophia slept through the night - or would have had I not had to wake her because I was so uncomfortable and had to nurse at 4:30am.  This could be a fluke due to a combination of or one of two developments:  1) Sophia has her first cold and 2) she learned to suck her thumb!

We've never had a thumb-sucker in the family before.  It's kind of cute.  I hope it lasts and yet I hope it doesn't, because I don't want to think about having to train a toddler to stop sucking her thumb.  But, as my friend Krissy taught me, that's something for future Katie to worry about.  For now, I'll enjoy this cute image:

4 comments:

  1. When the time comes, I'll pass on my Dad's tips for getting us to quit thumb sucking. On second thought, maybe I won't. I don't think they pass the charity standard! ;) I've been using that line about the future a lot lately, and I should credit the show How I Met Your Mother for it...I used to watch that show occasionally, and thought that was a hilarious reference. So I cannot take credit!!! :) She's beautiful, and I'm glad she's sleeping more! Oh! And the new picture of Nadia looks spookily like you. Is spookily a word? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph is a thumb sucker too. You can see his cute picture of him sucking his thumb here:

    http://aussiecoffeeshop.blogspot.com/2010/04/thumb-or-dummy.html

    I think it is cute too but I am concerned about stopping the thumb sucking. My younger sister had to have her thumb painted to stop her from sucking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa sucks her thumb when she is sleepy and in trouble. It calms her and for now, I don't think I need to break her of it. They say some many things are "bad" for your kids. I can't keep up!
    But, if it makes her sleep through the night! Take it as a GIFT (beleive me:) from God! YAHA!! Go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had a thumb sucker. Marianne, however, sucked her 3rd and 4th fingers. One day when she poked herself in the eye she stopped it. I didn't have to retrain...she did it all on her own. ;) Have a grand day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete