- I'm a perfectionist. (I put this first because I think it may already be obvious and I want to work into some surprise facts.)
- I always wanted to be a wife and mother. When I became Catholic, it didn't bother me that I had never considered the religious life because I knew that I was made to be a wife and mother. Weird? Maybe.
- I've tried them over and over again, but I just can't get myself to like mushrooms. Or broccoli.
- My sister and I were discussing childhood memories the other day when I mentioned that a certain orange-cream smell always reminds me of when we were kids playing with a set of lotions that were given to us. Immediately my sister said, "Me, too!" and started to describe the pictures of girls on the tubes of lotion that contained that orangey blossom fragrance.
- There are some events in my life that I would give anything to be able to witness and/or relive: when Paul proposed to me, our wedding day, and the births of our children.
- For me, a serving size of ice cream is typically a cereal or soup bowl filled with nearly 2 cups of ice creamy goodness.
- I can bite ice cream with my front teeth. For some reason, they aren't sensitive to temperature.
- When I was a young kid, I fell when walking up a slide and jammed one of my front teeth. It had to be pulled because it never started working out on its own to make room for the adult tooth waiting to come in. The dentist told me that the tooth fairy gave $2 for each tooth pulled.
- I considered going into the medical field as a profession. Psychiatry/psychology fascinated me, so I seriously considered that - until I realized that it would make more sense to look into that after I figured out my own mental (depression) issues. I still think I would make a great psychologist - I think it will come in handy in my role as a mother!
- I'm not sure I can think of 25 facts, but I'll keep trying - ooh - I could say I am determined!
- I am directionally challenged. Unless the sun is out or there are trees nearby with moss growing on them, I am completely unable to tell you which direction I am facing.
- I love, love, love to read!
- I would love to take classes on sewing, cooking, and all kinds of other hobbies and arts. I'd love to have time for a formal (preferably Catholic theologian- or priest-led) Bible study, too. Someday...
- My college roommate and I took salsa dancing lessons. It was a lot of fun, except there was a shortage of guys in the class, so we ended up practicing with other girls and had to learn to lead and to follow. The instructor, Ricardo, had really bad breath. Other than that, it was neat to dance with him.
- I have a tattoo. I regret it. It is a butterfly on my back below my waist. I did it because my college friends were doing it and I had never done anything rebellious or against my good-girl nature.
- I lack self-control when it comes to sweets. I love baked goods and candy and usually don't stop eating them when I should.
- I love to bake. Cooking is only OK.
- I know exactly what I need to do to work on my weaknesses. I just really stink at getting it done. My self-motivation only goes so far. I'm really motivated to get in shape, for example, but it won't get done without a workout buddy or trainer.
- Forensic science really intrigues me. I thought it was cool long before CSI. Ever read Body Farm? Totally cool.
- I would love to be an author of great fiction. It bums me out a bit when I remember that loving to read great fiction doesn't automatically fit one to be a great fiction writer. Darn.
- I wouldn't make a good apologist. I just don't explain things well. I don't even tell jokes well. Don't believe me? Ask my husband.
- I LOVE movies that make me cry.
- I want to be a heroine in a novel.
- I once drove over to Paul's (parent's) house with a Monopoly game on the top of my car. I was too mortified to pick up the pieces that littered all over Main Street when it flew off the car. Paul made me go back to pick it all up. Two properties were never found.
- I love to act. I would love to be in community theatre. Unfortunately, it seems like lots of actors/actresses just have WAY different values and I don't want to be around that.
There - 25 facts about me. I bet you all learned something (maybe more than you wanted to know?). :-)
I remember salsa dancing and Ricardo's breath! That was a lot of fun, though! Great memories. Happy Mother's Day, by the way! :)
ReplyDeleteI NEVER knew number 25! I agree! We went on a date to a community theatre this past weekend and I got sad over how much I miss being in plays and musicals - but I just don't know if I could ever put myself in that situation again - so sad :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to learn more about you! And, Paul!! He made you go pick it all up! That is so funny!