It is HOT!
The outside thermometer reads 96 degrees and the main level of our house is a sweltering 82. (Obviously, we haven't installed the unit air conditioner yet.)
We spent time outside this morning around 8am, when it was only 80 degrees outside and now we are stuck inside, mostly in the basement, where it is at least 10-15 degrees cooler than the main level of the house. Going down the stairs into the basement playroom makes me think of what it must be like to walk into a walk-in freezer. Going back up the stairs, I feel like I am hitting a wall of pure heat.
As a wise deer hunting song once said, "Ya know, it's not so much the heat as it's the gosh-darn humidity." As I type, beads of sweat have gathered on my forehead, just a minute or so since I last swiped it dry. I wonder if it could rain indoors? (I know it can, but would it?)
And of course, these temps don't exactly do wonders for out attitudes. It's always been harder for me to be peppy and cheerful when all I want to do is either find a cool place and sleep the heat away or consume loads of junk food (not sure why that is, but I just get really hungry when it's hot - maybe it's the only activity that doesn't make you sweat more?). The kids are really antsy because I won't let them go outside and they have energy to burn. The baby's doing great, but I can see she's developing a mild heat rash which tells me it's time for us to go back to the basement.
Hope you're all staying cool!
Reading your post makes me appreciate air conditioning even more. Sorry you're stuck in such heat! We actually had the boys outside quite a bit today, but I also think we were about 4 degrees cooler than you, and we had the option of A/C to go inside to. Hope it cools down for you - especially for tonight so you can all sleep!
ReplyDelete