So. Darn. Tired.
This kid eats like a normal newborn sleeps and his sleeping leaves much to be desired. Sophia was such a great sleeper right away that I had forgotten how exhausting it is to tend to a newborn nearly all night long. I've spent only an hour at a time, max, in my bed at night, up to three times a night. That's not much to go on. Granted I do sleep with the baby in the chair in his room when I can't keep my eyes open while he's nursing, but that's not the same quality of sleep that my body is used to.
James, I love you desperately, but I am desperately in need of a change, my boy! Let's make a deal: I'll keep feeding you whenever you are hungry, but in return you need to stretch out those sleep periods. And after you do that for awhile, how about then focusing on making those long sleep stretches take place at night instead of during the day? C'mon? For me??
Good luck! Those newborn days are tough, aren't they? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do it all over again in another 5+weeks. God will grant the grace, but it still frightens me :)Hope your little man cooperates soon!!
ReplyDeleteHey--this would be an investment, but maybe you have a friend that has one--a Rock n Play is an inclined bassinet, and it has helped Lucy sleep better than ANY of my other kids. She had a very mild case of reflux, just enough that lying flat got her up all the time. I'd use the halo sleep sack with the swaddle feature, and put her in the rock n play and ended up with LOTS more sleep!!! (Not saying this will for sure work, but I wanted to throw it out there!!!!) If he sleeps well in his car seat, the rock and play will definitely help!!
ReplyDeleteThe Halo is the BEST money I have every spent on a baby, ever! I know it is an eating thing, but if you would like to try it out, I can send or bring mine up to you!!
ReplyDeleteOur first born, was a great sleeper. When we had our second, I suddenly realised just what a gift Daniel had been.
ReplyDeleteI know a lot of parents don't like co sleeping but I found with a couple of our children they were so demanding that I needed to co sleep with them. I had an great husband though that didn't mind the baby being in our bed. If he didn't want the baby in there, I probably would have dozed in the chair too.