Warning: There will be no flow to this post whatsoever. :-) I've been gone too long and I don't have much time!
-Sophia walked today!
-Why does my little man like to spin in circles or, if we are in public and his hand is being held to prevent him from spinning into circles into breakables, why then does he have to shake his head back and forth with his eyes closed in order to get that dizzy feeling? Isn't there ONE public place that we can go to where he doesn't do this? (Note: He is perfectly normal and is on par with other kids of his age.)
-A few weeks ago I made oven-roasted veggies. I don't make this often because it's not my favorite and it takes a long time to cook. But I made them recently and Nadia asked, "Did you make this, Mom?" I replied that I had and she said with a smile and proud eyes, "I didn't know you could make vegetables!"
-Kassia gets really frustrated sometimes with schoolwork (often it happens at math time, but it is not limited to that subject) and cries for no reason (that she can give). I hope she doesn't have depressive tendencies like I do. I really hope that it is just struggles with learning. Anyone else wish that your child have learning disabilities over depression?
-Dear children: When I am on the phone, it is NOT okay to ask me questions like, "Can I have pizza?" Acceptable interruptions include: "Mom, the baby is playing with a fork and the outlet" or "Luke is about to jump off the 10th step because he thinks he can fly" or "I think am going to throw up" and so on. Sound good? OK. Now let's try and store this conversation in our memory banks. Please.
-Now that my oldest can read, I find her looking over my shoulder when I write emails or blog. I much prefer it when I catch her reading out of her history book during lunchtime and unable to hear me speaking to her because she is so engrossed in her book.
-I would pay anyone $20 to snowblow the sidewalks and my driveway. The 12+ inches of snow is just.that.heavy. And I really like to shovel snow - a lot - but it is heavy and sticks to the shovel and I don't really have time anyway seeing as how all my children must be magnets and I must be a fridge.
-In my dreams, I have a half day off and I am going to the spa where I will get my hair colored and cut and styled, get an hour long massage, get a pedicure, and then have clothing experts select at least one perfectly fitting and attractive outfit - including a few pretty and functional (do they exist?) nursing bras, as it has become apparent that I'll still be nursing for awhile.
Sigh. Gotta go.
Katie - don't worry too much about her getting upset about school. I think that frustration and thoughts of "I don't want to try because it's too hard and I hate it" is very normal and, may be more of a sign that she has more of your type A personality than anything else. And, that's a blessing. Tessa is the SAME way.
ReplyDeleteBut, if it is a sign then God gave her that for a good reasson, because we wouldn't want you any other way now would we!!? Love ya!
If it's YOUR dream, take a whole day off. ;) haha You deserve it! One of these days, we're going to catch each other's call!!! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteLuke acts that way because he is an active boy... boys seem to do just the things we don't want them to do for no apparent reason, regardless of whether we tell them to stop or not. They just have so much energy they don't know what to do with.
And I think kids often would rather be playing with their siblings/friends rather than sitting and doing work, especially if it's work they find difficult. Try not to read too much into it. Praise her and appreciate the times she is working diligently... and take them in yourself as a sign of her ability to do this and her "normalcy."
I don't envy you for living on a corner that has sidewalks all the way around your house... that's a lot to shovel when you add your driveway to it! Especially when the snow is heavy. Hopefully that's the last time you'll have to do that this year!