Wednesday, March 23, 2011

P.S.

Dear State of Wisconsin,

I'm not sure if it was because I got my taxes done early and effectively, or if it was because we are getting money back, but it has been a bit exasperating to find that I was chosen to have my income credit reviewed.  I have a few questions about this process.

Will you pay me back for all the paper and ink I used up copying all my tax forms?  Will you pay me back for having to drag my kids downtown to the Register of Deeds to get the one official birth certificate that I didn't have so that I could prove to you that my kids are living and are my own?  You know those certificates cost $20 a pop, right?  Wouldn't it be just as efficient for you to just send someone up here and do DNA swabs?  Can you at least add the cost of the certified mail postage to send all those things to you to the money that I was supposed to get back last week but now have to wait 6-10 weeks for, if you aren't running about 2 weeks behind (which you told me you were)?

And I don't mean to bother you, but aren't you aware that we've got lots of "issues" going on in the state right now?  Doesn't it seem a little silly to be spending taxpayer time and money paying people to review taxpayers' money and ensuring that their children are truly their own?

Well, thanks for your time.  I'll just be waiting for you to mail back the birth certificates and my refund.  Oh - one more thing - if anyone even thinks about stealing my kids' identities because of all the sensitive information you required me to send, so help me - I'm exasperating when you inconvenience me in this way but I'm a BEAR if you mess with my kids!

Sincerely,
A state resident who is usually pretty please to live in WI and sometimes just needs to get a little off my chest.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. haha -so funny you said this. When you told me about this I went to bed thinking "what's she supposed to do - stick a Q-tip in the mouth of everyone in her family and send it to the state so they know that yes indeed, these ARE these people's kids?!!"
    hahaha. Sorry for the headache! And I agree, the state needs to get its act together. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have taken all of your cute darlings to the tax office, so the state employees could see for themselves.

    It may brighten their day to have little visitors with their shiny faces.

    ReplyDelete