Tuesday, July 7, 2009

On Being Positive

It's hard to be positive when you feel icky. Lately I've been feeling very sluggish and exhausted, and it is difficult for me to tackle my daily routine/tasks with the attention those things deserve when I feel that way. My melancholic ways, as I learned from the book "The Temperament God Gave You," have given me a predisposition of sorts to having physical ailments get me down more than the other temperaments.

(Disclaimer here: I know I refer to this book a lot, but it has confirmed so many of the personal insights I've had over the years regarding my personality! It is refreshing to know that my tendencies are not necessarily just my own personal quirks, but that many are linked to my natural temperament.)

If I have a headache, it has always seemed like it really bothers me more than it would other people and frankly, I know that it bothers me more than it should. I have to work on this. I wish I were more like those saints who worked unceasingly without complaint, in spite of long-suffered ailments like tumors and incurable diseases!

At any rate, these last few weeks I've been taking naps that last over two hours in duration, waking up from a night's sleep feeling barely rested, and finding myself (I cringe as I admit this) starting to nod off on occasion during the mid-morning or mid-afternoon hours, if all my children are self-entertained.

Yesterday, I felt ill, too, and all these ailments were truly making me wonder if there was something seriously wrong with me.

Finally, I have an answer.





It's positive!




8 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! That's the best reason to be feeling so sick!!! God Bless you and your tiny little sweetie! You will be in my prayers for a healthy, happy pregnancy and healthy, happy baby!!

    Don't you just love seeing a positive pregnancy test? I get really weird about them & keep buying them just to see the lines say pregnant!

    God Bless You!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to call you right now, but I can't because my hubby is sleeping. I am so happy Katie, this brings such joy to my life!! What a week of blessing of LIFE!! Oh, I am crying! And, I didn't want to say anything last week (except I did ask if you had a baby in the belly) but I have this things where I ALWAYS know when someone is preggo and I KNEW IT!! YEAH!! Ok, prayers for baby L number 4 from tonight on!!

    I love you guys! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie: Check out my post about your good news!

    http://madredetresbebs.blogspot.com/2009/07/blessings-for-katie.html

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Prayers for a safe and healthy baby and delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! I so appreciate your prayers and good wishes. We only hope for a healthy baby and safe delivery - just this gift of life is so amazing!

    Holly - thanks for everything - for the phone call, for your crying! You bless me so much! And seriously, I didn't know I had a baby - but I was hopeful!

    Lara - thank you, thank you for the well-wishes and the adorable post! I will have to link to it so that others can see your talent in blog buttons/graphics!

    Tabatha - LOVE your blog and so happy to have found it! Thank you for your prayers and well wishes!

    Diane - As you have just recently had another child, I am especially thankful for the gift of having another Catholic mom with whom to travel this beautiful journey of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie - wow! #4!! Well, congratulations to you and Paul! Maybe you will have another boy to even out the teams, eh? ;) I'll bet the two of you are very excited! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    This is the 1st time I had time to check out your blog. After reading your profile I felt like I was reading MY autobiography.

    This post was very clever!

    ReplyDelete