Yesterday, while doing yard work, I came across the exoskeleton of a beetle-type bug. I called the girls over and explained that some bugs grow and their bodies grow with them. Other bugs need to break out of their outer "shells" because the outside of their bodies won't grow with them. They wasn't too interested in the science of it; they just wanted to touch the bug. :-)
And later, we were sorting through some laundry and Kassia noticed the drawing on one of the kids' washclothes. It was a graphic of a large blue-grey fish.
"What is it, Mom?" asked Kassia.
"I believe it's a marlin," I replied.
She looked at the washcloth, and then at me and asked, "Do they eat kids?"
This is one of those things you can count on. Kids asking questions that are completely logical (from their point of view), but totally unexpected.
Other things you can count on:
When you have finished vacuuming, the kids will want to get out the play-doh.
When you need a nap, the kids will not.
When you have the opportunity to nap, you will find other things to do.
When you least expect it, the cat will expectorate (i.e., vomit) on the carpet - right where you need to walk.
When you are preparing food for yourself that looks good to your kids, they will inevitably wander over to you and say, "Mommy, I love you."
Our little Marcel is the king of coming to sit on our laps, after he's finished his dinner, to eat the best parts of ours. And some people have to pay more for low-cal dinners! Not us! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment, Jen! Will you be able to make it to one of the Thursday park days? Perhaps we could meet then?
ReplyDeleteAhhh...kids. They are good for our diets when they eat our food, but then they aren't so good if we end up finishing theirs for them! :-)