Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pizza & Voting

It's official - we are now a 2 pizza family.  I made lunch today, and decided to go ahead and put that second frozen pizza in the oven.  What's left?  Just a piece and a half.  Our 13 month old had 3/4 of a piece; the rest of the pizza was consumed by the four remaining family members: myself, my husband, our 4 1/2 year old and our almost 3 year old.  Granted, it was a thin-crust style pizza, but it got me wondering - at what point in the growth of your family do you go from 2 pizzas to 3?  From 3 to 4?  We already buy in bulk, but if the Lord blesses us with more children, I think it will be even more of a possibility that we purchase more bulk food items, clip more coupons, and possibly join a food co-op, something I've just learned exists!

But, more importantly, today is an election day.  In my state, and in my circle of homeschooling friends, the concern is to vote for a State Superintendent who is an advocate of (or at least is not against) homeschooling.  Another important race is for an open spot on the State Supreme Court Justice.  If you are able, please get out and vote for traditional family values, and pray for those who are in elected positions throughout the country as well as for those who will be voted in today.

God bless you and yours!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 2 pizzas! A sign of a growing family. Your 13 month old ate more than either of my boys usually do! They CAN eat a whole piece, but we usually end up feeding them just to get 1/2 to 3/4 piece in them. I wish the boys were better eaters like Luke is. Of course, during growth spurts, they do eat more.
    THanks for the reminder to vote. I just got back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassia's got a photographer's eye! Those are some great lines. I could see an adult photographer taking some time to capture that image, lining everything up just right and getting just the right angle, while Kassia just aimed and shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kim! You are amazing! I hope your scheduled time with God was filled with peace and promise.

    ReplyDelete