This is the first year we've done egg dyeing in our home. I think it's because I was just a little apprehensive about the combination of fragile eggs, two kids under the age of four, and dye. This year, with the almost-3 and-5 year-olds, I felt ready. Of course, it was especially nice to have Grandma around to assist, especially as the egg-dunking picked up speed and busy little hands were reaching out haphazardly, nearly knocking the nine cups of egg coloring.
Here are some photos of the adventure. We did forget to make eggs for Daddy and Luke, which I will surely hear about when Daddy comes home! :-) All in all, though, the girls did a great job listening to directions, being patient (mostly) about waiting for the dye to have more than a second to make contact with the eggs, and understanding that we won't be cracking them all as soon as they dry.
I don't know what it is about art projects that is intimidating; I think it must be the potential mess. So, I have a tendency to avoid them in favor of other activities. I'm sure we will continue the egg coloring year after year, but I'll hold my breath until the kids get older and their hands hold the eggs with more control. This year, I am looking forward to our family egg hunt, where the only thing likely to get messy are the bottoms of the kid's shoes from the springtime mud (assuming it's warm enough to continue our current surface thaw)!
Wishing you a blessed Holy Week!
Here are some photos of the adventure. We did forget to make eggs for Daddy and Luke, which I will surely hear about when Daddy comes home! :-) All in all, though, the girls did a great job listening to directions, being patient (mostly) about waiting for the dye to have more than a second to make contact with the eggs, and understanding that we won't be cracking them all as soon as they dry.
I don't know what it is about art projects that is intimidating; I think it must be the potential mess. So, I have a tendency to avoid them in favor of other activities. I'm sure we will continue the egg coloring year after year, but I'll hold my breath until the kids get older and their hands hold the eggs with more control. This year, I am looking forward to our family egg hunt, where the only thing likely to get messy are the bottoms of the kid's shoes from the springtime mud (assuming it's warm enough to continue our current surface thaw)!
Wishing you a blessed Holy Week!
I commend your courage. It looks like the girls had a good time. How wonderful that Paul's mom could help you. Where did you get the smocks that they're wearing? I briefly entertained the idea of dyeing eggs but was scared to try it. Luckily the boys' babysitter beat me to the punch! God bless her for taking that on with so many toddlers!
ReplyDeleteThe art smocks came from the SchoolHouse. I love them! Hope you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments! I love that Kassia understood that Jesus IS God and questioned why He is praying to God... what a smart girl! By the way, I can't read your newest post... my computer tells me it doesn't exist! Hope your Good Friday has been holy and a good day. Our boys are behaving unusually well today.
Wishing a very happy and blessed Easter to you and your family!
ReplyDelete