4 days to go!
That is, of course, if baby decides to arrive on his/her due date. Now that I have had 2 children born at least a week before their due dates, one right on her due date, and one a week past her due date, I really have no clue what to expect with this little one. It's all a guessing game.
I'm hangin' in there, though. I keep trying to focus on the now, but it's a difficult task when one is a planner. So many things - little things, really - depend on when baby arrives and exactly who baby turns out to be. Boy or girl is a big question floating around over here. I've decided not to bother getting out clothing that is specific to either gender. Yes, it means some freshening of clothing that has been stored either 2 or 4 years, but at least I'm not laundering items that won't work for one gender. Instead, I've got a limited supply of gender neutral clothing available to me. It should suffice until I bring baby home and figure out if I will be washing an abundance of blue or pink clothing to round out the little one's wardrobe.
Baby's arrival (or lack thereof!) has obviously put a halt on many projects. I don't really have the energy for much of anything right now, so I'm waiting until he or she is born so that I can finish up a big Christmas project, decide on curtains to cover our huge patio windows, and figure out what orientation I want the baby room furniture to be in (and curtains for that, too...ugh!). If you can't tell, I'm having a heck of a time making any home decorating decisions (I can tell what looks good, and I know what I like, but I can't "see" it on my own...I think I need an interior designer who is willing to work -for cheap- with someone very, very picky). And of course I can't plan for anything further than a day out, unless those plans are extremely flexible. The words "planning" and "Christmas" don't really work well together these days! :-)
So that's a brief update. Not much else to tell, since nothing is going on. Hopefully my next post will actually have some news!
And a quick thank you in advance for your prayers for a safe and healthy delivery. And praise God for a great homily in church today and reading - God knew just what I needed to hear: Be joyful always. Pray unceasingly!
Eagerly waiting with you! I'm keeping you in my prayers. Can't wait to hear the news!!
ReplyDeleteYay for that baby--I can't wait for him/her to arrive!!! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI've been praying too - instead of bothering you! Whenever I WANT to e-mail or call with a, "you think soon?" or a "have any thoughts on gender?" I instead pray for health. Because let's be honest, no 9month preggo mama waiting on a baby wants to take another one of those calls!! Lots of love to you all and baby #5 - whenever he or she wants to come!
ReplyDeleteI think it's exciting to not know the gender at this time.
ReplyDeleteSt. Gerard and Mother Mary, please intercede for a safe delivery for baby and mama.
We will indeed keep you and baby in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of you. Prayers are being sent your way as I'm in my bathroom coloring my hair - a true treat :). I hope you're doing well! God bless you, Baby, and the whole family!