We seem to be settled into a nice, albeit busy, routine over here. I've found myself in a peaceful sort of pattern of schooling, housekeeping, wife-ing, parenting, praying, etc. Those times of such peace are usually short-lived, so I am trying my best to wallow in the feeling while I have it :-) and work to keep it going as long as possible. With me, it doesn't take much to throw a kink in things - whether that kink be caused by emotions, a sudden problem with the kids, the house, health, etc, or even a bad day of weather. But right now, all is well.
We're looking at the recent foot of snow as a blessing. It's helped to stave off the antsy feeling we were getting about spring. Last weekend, we were able to see more grass patches than snow patches in our yard and that had us all wanting to get out and enjoy the spring. But of course, it hasn't truly arrived, and those large patches of grass were deceptive as the thermometer reminded us that it wasn't really warm enough for long springtime walks and yard cleanup. Now we have a fresh and tall coat of snow on the ground, and it's taken away part of those desires to be outside again - at least for me. The kids are enjoying the mountains of snow wholeheartedly, creating castles out of huge drifts that were added to by snowplows and shovels, and I am enjoying the moments of peace inside the house while they are out at play.
Work is at a busy period right now, which is fine. It's part of the nature of the business, with deadlines and so on. One thing I've noticed that reminds me of the busy-ness of computer work added to the regular housework I already do is that I've developed a cyst on my right wrist. It's just harmless fluid that gets built up when I'm using it too much, but it aches when that happens. And, so, as you can guess, the lump gets a little larger during periods of like we are having now, but as things slow down again, I am fortunate enough that it recedes. Never did I think I would start developing such issues before I turned 30!! :-)
I'd like to be doing more sewing and crafting, but I need to get my machine in for a tune up and, while I have a gift certificate for it, I'm nervous that it will be more than the gift certificate amount! It likely won't be, but I am waiting to bring it in until the busyness quiets down again, because odds are good that I won't find the moments needed to use it for a few weeks anyway!
Speaking of wrists and busy-ness, I finished entering all our 2010 tax info and got that sent off to the accountant. We used to do our taxes ourselves, but with the business and having to itemize, it started getting complicated and time-consuming. It still takes a good evening or two to get everything together, but I'm usually well-organized, so it doesn't take much effort. I think our accountant probably finds that ours are easier to work on than some just because it's all spelled out there for him due to my overly organized tendencies. :-)
Sophia and Luke will be turning 1 and 3, respectively, in just 2 weeks. I've started a tradition of making cakes per request, so this will be interesting - the first year with cakes back-to-back, although I may combine them. It depends on what will be easiest, I suppose. Last year Luke got a cake shaped and decorated like a racetrack. Nadia's cake was a monkey face, and Kassia's cake had an elephant drawn on it. This year Luke has requested a Lightning McQueen cake and I'm not asking Sophia what she wants - when she can talk, then I'll let her make her requests!
Well, that's it for now. Got to get back to work so that I can kick back later and have some time with my hubby!
Blessings to you and yours!
If I was still working as a tax accountant, I would love to get paperwork from someone like you :)
ReplyDeleteYou have my dream job.
ReplyDelete