Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back from Break

It's been about two weeks since I've posted anything and there are good reasons for it.

First of all, I was getting a little cranky as the due date for our baby's arrival loomed and then passed by and I couldn't think of anything to write that was unrelated to my frustration over waiting and waiting for the baby to be born or the frustration I was having over others asking me (kindly and lovingly) about the status of the pregnancy.  It was just too much and I withdrew from the blog, and to some extent, from real life as well.

The second reason was that my mom was visiting and she, just like the rest of us, was hoping for a baby to arrive during her planned visit.  Instead, she got to see my emotional ups and downs and probably tore her hair out trying to figure out how to help me out without me getting emotional.  Both she and Paul were saints this last week, tiptoeing around my emotions, and loving me in spite of and - I'll admit this though I don't understand - because of them as well.

Thirdly, our little boy turned 2 and I was stuck in this holding pattern - would we have the baby and no cake for Luke because I'd be in the hospital?  Or, would I make a cake only to miss his birthday and be left out of the celebration due to labor or being in the hospital with a baby?  And I have to admit that I also was wondering if the kids were wondering what was wrong with me as I wasn't being very interactive with them.  Did they know that I still loved them and that my melancholy was temporary?  WAS it going to be temporary?

Finally, the blessed event arrived - the day after Luke's birthday celebration (yes!  He did get his cake and we all got to enjoy it!)  And, my mom was able to make arrangements, thanks to my loving sister and sister-in-law, to stay an extra day and be there to greet our baby.  Welcome, Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment